Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Vegas and Interbike

I (Tim) am now in Las Vegas for the big annual trade show, Interbike. I only just arrived in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, after a flight delay that had me stuck at Chicago's Midway airport for a while. Not a total loss, as I found the Battle of Midway Memorial, complete with SBD dive bomber, fascinating.

Today I'll be heading out to the Outdoor Demo to check out products, then tomorrow is the start of the actual trade show in the convention center. Keep your eyes on this spot and on our Facebook page for updates and photos!

For now, just a shot of the Douglas SBD Dauntless at Midway Airport. This is the type of plane that was critical to what was probably THE decisive battle in the Pacific in WWII.

I actually never knew the airport was named for the battle, until John told me yesterday on the way to Dulles.

No comments: