Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'M READY for our concert on the Town Green

Friday, August 24th from 6:30 to 8:00 PM bikes@ vienna is sponsoring the concert on the Vienna Town Green. I'm promoting the idea of people riding their bikes to the concert. Call it a "Ride In" if you will. The Town Green is next to the W&OD Trail between Maple Avenue and Church Street. It is a perfect venue to reach by bike.

I want to set aside some space near the performance space to park trikes so people can sit on their trikes and enjoy the music. I'm trying to set up a parking area for other bikes so people can leave their bikes and not worry about them.

The musical entertainment for this concert is a group called the NiteHawks. They are a swing band that features the music of Glenn Miller. As you may know, Glenn Miller was an Iowan. His music has proven timeless and I'm certain you'll have a good time if you join us on August 24th.

Now as the photo indicates I'm just waiting for the concert. Please mark your calendar, tell your friends about it and ride your bike to it because it is going to be fun.

No comments: