Ride To Discovery along the W&OD Trail:
Bikes @ Vienna to Falls Church
- What African-American astronomer surveyed the original boundaries of the District of Columbia in 1791?
- Where along the W&OD Trail can you find two of the boundary stones?
- Where is the first house in Falls Church to have indoor plumbing?
- What Falls Church resident was an inducted into the Black Athletes Hall of Fame along with Jesse Owens, Satchel Paige, Jackie Robinson, and Mohammed Ali?
- Why did he and his wife put their lives on the line in 1915 in the struggle for civil rights?
Find the answers on the next Bikes at Vienna “Ride to Discovery” along the W&OD!
Saturday, April 18, 2015
The ride is about 16 miles round-trip, mostly on the W&OD Trail, with occasional excursions on city streets to visit sites of historic significance.
Please arrive a little early so you have time to read and sign the liability waiver and get your bike ready to go promptly at 10:00.
Ride to Discovery with Bikes at Vienna!